Monday, March 03, 2008

Morning Call


Maaaameeeee, maaaaaaa, hihihi, meeeee. Lately, this voice has been waking me up in the wee hours of the morning. Sleeping one of my luxuries, that voice just refuses to give in and seeps into my subconscious state. The voice demands attention. It requires acknowledgement that goes beyond saying a dull “Good mowning, babyToW.” No, that won’t do for a morning talk, maaaameeeee. The call tells me and Agom that we have to haul our sleep deprived selves to wakefulness for a voice says its time for activity.

Perhaps in Tobi’s own language, maaaameeee, weewawoo, uhhhhh, ahhhh means for me turn the nightlamp off and the room lights on, switch the TV on for some morning news, bring in the toys so we can play in bed, pick me up and let’s do our “stretch your arms-cycle your legs workout.” And, maaaameeee, while you’re at it, it will be nice to have my warm teabath ready and to cook my vegetable breakfast, too.

Yes, our sweetest morning call ever comes from Tobi. Though we still have to drag ourselves up to wake up and get ready for work, the morning call at least makes the daily routine lighter. Tobi’s “maaaameeee,” would surely be much preferred to the whir of the alarm clock or even the Chinese alarm tune in my mobile.

Good morning, anak!

No comments: