Thursday, March 12, 2009

WANDA I SHALL BE

I'll be Wanda, a twist to being named "Wanderer." Indeed, I wander - going places even as I sit here infront of the pc. I've loafed in highschool without leaving my seat, reading travel mags in my Chemistry class. But now that I'm older and earning my own upkeep, I wander in the truest sense of the word.

It is a passion reflected in the magazines I buy, what sections attract me when checking out the Sunday paper, what TV channels I surf, what I Google about, what I read, and what my life's wishes are mostly made of.

I have this book "Places to See Before You Die" and I look forward to every opportunity to cover each nook and cranny featured in its fabulous pages. There's Macchu Picchu in Peru, Monet's Garden in France, the Bund in Shanghai, Angkor Wat in Cambodia. When I get the chance to travel I return home with a suitcase filled with a substantial collection of flyers, brochures, magazines on sites that I collect from shops, the airport, inside the plane, even in hotels.

Fridays find me browsing the Net for places that may be good weekend roadtrips for the family. Good thing I have a hubby who shares this passion, complete with historical perspectives and a son who seems to have gotten the hand of traveling as early as when he was seven months and we drove to the province -- he was excited the entire trip.

Give me time to be in malls and I wander to travel stores and ethnic shops that tell of a people or a culture entirely different from mine.

That's what I am and I love this kind of me -- WANDA.

No comments: